• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TacticalRPGFan

TacticalRPGFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

Playdek added a shiny new board for Unsung Story, and Shyla (shybutnotshy on these forums) has continued to be engaged as our community manager. Currently, Playdek is developing a Backer Survey, which will provide access to the Kickstarter Backers forum when it's completed.

Shyla, in the meanwhile what should be the next steps for backers to contribute to Unsung Story? It's my understanding from previous AMAs things like the card game are actively being worked on and we've seen on the Official Unsung Story Wiki and Kickstarter updates that the story is been developed and design work is being done. What are Playdek's plans for engaging backers during the ongoing development process?

• Lorrinezek, Codihogue, Vilmashiew and 6 others like this

#2 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:11 PM

While it's true we are working on the tactical game at this time, we are still in the early stages and are still working on the battle system and tweaking that a bit. Without the battle system in place, designing the scenarios and other aspects of development are a tad tougher so we want to make sure we have a good foundation in place to start with.

While we have been busy with this foundation, others have been hard at work and I am preparing an update to show everyone some of the artwork that has been worked on, within the office and from overseas.  ;) No ETA on the update just yet because I need to get a few things approved, but it will be a very nice one.

We have also teamed up with BackerKit and are preparing to use their platform for the surveys. We will be able to gather all of the information we need, including forum accounts, in order to start bringing people onto the project, such as the art and design consultants. There is still plenty of work to be done, we just need to finish the foundation first. I hope this helps!

• Ahrlo and AdrenalineNut like this

#3 nmalinoski

nmalinoski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:18 AM

We have also teamed up with BackerKit and are preparing to use their platform for the surveys.

I'm glad to hear this. I've backed other projects that are using BackerKit for order fulfillment, and their system appears to work well, although I wish I could just use one BackerKit account instead of one per project.

I'm also glad to hear that the project is still ongoing and does not appear stalled.

Shy, one thing you might want to do is get with your web team and have them direct people from the unsungstory.com forums to these forums; those forums appear to be quite stale (Many of the most recent posts are from 8 and 9 months ago).

#4 seriouscoder

seriouscoder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:59 AM

I just found these forums by accident, and I'm a Kickstarter backer. You guys need to do a better job of letting everyone know about these new digs and update a little bit on the project. I almost thought you guys abandoned it after looking at the sad state of the original website and the reddit section for this game.

#5 Vanguard

Vanguard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:45 PM

I checked in at the old forums but haven't done so here yet. Very excited to be part of the design consultant team. As someone aiming to join the industry, I am highly anticipating the start of backer involvement, and make the most of our opportunity to be included during the development process. I am currently and have been a part of some successful fan and free projects, but this will be the first time I've done anything other than alpha/beta test on a project with industry veterans.

This particular backer is ready to help and contribute anyway he can.

Looking forward to it. Cheers!

• TacticalRPGFan likes this

lead member with projectmgame.com 

#6 TacticalRPGFan

TacticalRPGFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:07 PM

Glad to see the forums being more active now that the Backerkit surveys have been sent out! Vanguard, glad to see another Design Consultant, especially since you seem to have experience with other game projects. It would be neat to hear your thoughts and ideas for Unsung Story.

Shyla, appreciate the responsiveness on the forums! I think you've been doing a good job handling the threads on the new forums. The lack of that on the old forums was dissapointing, but it seems like the project wasn't developed enough to have the kind of foundation it does now.

Now that we have multiple Design Consultants on the forums, would it be appropriate to make design discussion threads on this forum again?

#7 Young

Young

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

Really appreciate the interaction and attention paid to this forum.  Very impressed.  Looking forward to following, supporting and maybe even help shaping Unsung Story.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: backers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users