• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ironcub14

ironcub14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

Just logged on to the Playdek forums for the first time. I've been playing Ascension for a couple years and it's by far my favourite iOS game. If any of you would like to join the various forum-based tourneys and leagues out there for the game, check out below, it's a great way to give some competitive edge to the games! Who knows, it could be good practice if you want to go to GenCon and such!

There are monthly leagues at Quarter to Three, and a knockout tourney every couple months on a regular basis at Pocket Tactics and the official Ascension forums. There have also been various tourneys in the past at other gaming forums such as Gamers with Jobs, Touch Arcade, Broken Forums, NeoGAF and BoardGameGeek. I play or have played in the first 5 forums, and we are still playing regularly at the first 3, with a tourney sign-up happening right now at Pocket Tactics and a league that's always open to new members at Qt3. I organize the tourney at the official Ascension forums, and I think we'll have a new one in about a month or two.

I assume that Playdek will eventually incorporate tourneys into their games and I'm looking forward to that, but until then, this is the best way to get in some good competitive and organized games. There's also a lot of friendly banter going on as well.

You can google all the tourney threads pretty easily with something like "Quarter to Three Ascension", so I will let you guys find the threads yourselves, and look for me in the threads, let us know you found the tourney through my post on the Playdek forum or something. Peace!

#2 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:42 PM

This is some amazing information ironcub14! It is always great to see that players are getting together to play against one another and I it makes me excited for when we will be able to do this for our players also. Thanks for sharing, and I'll be sure to pass this information along!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users