Photo

International backers and shipping costs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 taneli

taneli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:02 AM

I am an international backer, so I know that I need to add an additional $15 for physical item, like an T-shirts. But, now it seems that it is 15 dollars PER item as I tried to add t-shirt and a physical soundtrack to my BackerKit(BK) order which resulted an BK asking for additional funding.

So, my question is: Is it 15 dollars per physical items?
If not, could BK be modified so that it does not add 15 dollar per item?
If so, could it be made clear on the BK?

And, additionally.. could BK ask for address/nationality BEFORE the selection of items so that the shipping costs could be calculated correctly before the review phase?

Edit: Also, if you select the additional physical or digital copy of the game item from BK, it does not ask which one you want. It just assumes that it is an physical copy and adds also the shipping costs to this item..

• Lorrinezek, Codihogue, Vilmashiew and 7 others like this

#2 Emprenos

Emprenos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:21 AM

I have a concern as well. I chose the $15 Additional digital copy addon last time in Kickstarter. But now the backerkit survey only comes with one option for an additional copy, physical or digital in one option. And as taneli mentioned, they treat it as a physical copy, charging an additional $15 for shipping. Why would I need to pay shipping cost for a digital copy of the game?? A fix would be preferable.

#3 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

I will look into this and let you know because you are correct in that you should not need to add shipping costs for each additional physical item you add on. For now I removed the shipping cost on the Physical/Digital add-on so you shouldn't see that there, and on Monday I will email BackerKit to see how this shipping charge issue can be adjusted. Thanks for letting me know!

#4 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

I have changed the BackerKit tiers and now instead of needing to add the shipping fees with your tier and each item, you only need to select the "International Shipping" add-on for $15. This will cover the shipping fees for all of your items. I will be sure to post an update on this soon after I hear back about one more issue, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users