• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RDestiny36

RDestiny36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:50 AM

Just saw his initial character sketches in the update. It's so frigging beautiful! He does the best fantasy medieval armor design IMO in the video game (RPG) industry. It is also so recognizable. Funny enough, I had just finished going through the recent Tactics Ogre art book before I saw the update. His designs are just...awesome.

Anyone else get excited to see his first design for Unsung Story? It's kinda like going bananas when I see his artwork in any game ( i.e. Bravely Default, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn). It's quite a Pavlovian reaction now, haha. =)
  • Lorrinezek, Codihogue, AllieFluisk and 4 others like this

#2 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

Pavlovian reaction, I like that description, hahaha! Hopefully we will continue to excite you with more artwork as it comes in! :)

#3 TacticalRPGFan

TacticalRPGFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for starting this topic, RDestiny36! I was impressed with Akihiko Yoshida's artwork as well. One of the things I thought was most impressive about Sir Vensniel L’Brasca's design was how it was distinct while still being evocative of classic medieval fantasy. A large part of that is probably the helmet design, which stands out by virtue of being modeled after a dragon. That makes it a lot more unique than a standard plate armor helmet. Also, it was good to see in the color concept that white, red and blue were worked into the design. Gray is a dreary color so it's good to see more primary colors used in the design.

Overall, the concept art is very impressively detailed! I hope the artwork used in game can encapsulate that kind of detail as well!

Shyla, if you don't mind the question does this kind of feedback get back to the creative team? Again, the unique touches on the character design are impressive and it would be great if more of that would be featured in Unsung Story.

It would be great if we got more backer comments if anyone else has any thoughts on the art design for Unsung Story so far!

#4 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:02 PM

Link please?

I'm so confused about where the updates are coming from.

#5 nomnam

nomnam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

Link please?

I'm so confused about where the updates are coming from.

https://www.kickstar...s/posts/1065540

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users