Photo

Unsung needs a User-End Software Development Kit!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 itoikenza

itoikenza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:47 PM

https://www.reddit.c...ry_qa_1/cf0fxwv

guys, discuss... i really hope one is implemented, similar to Skyrim's Creation Kit. i used the buzzword "User-End" to hope that it's not too technical, but powerful. i want it to be easily grasped by non-programmers, but allow every aspect of the game to be customizable, from adding new music, to creation of new moves... or just simply editing existing ones. this would make move creation/editing not as daunting to End Users: http://www.clip-studio.com/quma/en/ if playdeck added support for Qumarion, it would be a dream come true!!

• ThomasSn, RudyEased, JerodGox and 10 others like this

Watch as calamity unfolds, your ill-advised words require damage control... 最偉剣坐

#2 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

Love it. Always wanted one of these in a TRPG like Unsung Story.

You have the best avatar ever too!

The ability to create our own battles/characters/dialogue/maps/scenarios... juicy!

You should also reply in my other new thread topics to get some traction going on the conversation :)

#3 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:21 AM

That sounds like it could be pretty cool to implement. I'll share it with the team, but please continue to discuss this to see what others think of this!

• Gesser likes this

#4 itoikenza

itoikenza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

"Love it. Always wanted one of these in a TRPG like Unsung Story."

yeah, exactly, will be a dream come true, for all of us, that want to make our own, but don't have the coding skills yet.

"You have the best avatar ever too!"

Thanks, Chrono Cross is my most wanted/loved JRPG, when it comes to editing tools.

"The ability to create our own battles/characters/dialogue/maps/scenarios... juicy!"

haha, I was so fixated on move/music editing/creation  it didn't occur to me to mention those...

"You should also reply in my other new thread topics to get some traction going on the conversation  :)"
definitely...

Watch as calamity unfolds, your ill-advised words require damage control... 最偉剣坐

#5 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:50 AM

^thanks! Chrono Cross is phenomenal! Highly under-rated too.

Seriously, this needs to happen. It would be so easy to implement a toolkit for a TRPG & add so much value to the game.

#6 peterious

peterious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

This would be so awesome.  Especially if steam workshop support was built in for sharing!

• Gesser likes this

#7 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

At the very least, a map/unit editor would be HUGE.

Like Peterious said, Steam Workshop support would be sick too.

Share your custom-made battles/maps online... mmm.

Additionally, Unsung needs co-op/vs. support.

Idc if we didn't meet the Stretch Goals for them all... Virtual TRPG's have needed this for way too long :P.

You guys can do it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users