• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BeatNasty

BeatNasty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

First of, hi everyone. I haven't posted on here before, so it works be rude of me to not say hello. FF Tactics is one of my favorite games ever, and I am stoked about Unsung Story!!

Since it is in the next update, I figured I would ask some questions about it. The job class system in FF T was done very well, and I hope the system will be similar here. So here are my questions:
1) Will there be carry over from any units from one chapter to the next on non-main characters?
2) Will there be any "secret" classes or abilities like Dark Knight or Ultima?
3) Will there be a class similar to Blue Mage, that van learn and use monster/unique enemy abilities?

Thanks for your patience reading this! I look forward to hearing responses and the next update!

BeatNasty
  • peterious, Gesser, Palossact and 6 others like this

#2 Ekbergjed

Ekbergjed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:14 AM

Im grateful for the forum topic.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic. Wardrup

#3 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

1) Will there be carry over from any units from one chapter to the next on non-main characters? 

If you are asking if you will be able to take characters that you acquire from one episode to the next, then it is my understanding that this will be possible. You will be able to build up and train a party that you can take with you throughout the single-player campaign and PVP. There may be some things in place that I don't know of, such as restrictions or the way certain scenarios will play out, that may change this, but I will double check and keep you posted.

2) Will there be any "secret" classes or abilities like Dark Knight or Ultima?

Well if I told you know, they wouldn't be so secret now would they? ;)

3) Will there be a class similar to Blue Mage, that van learn and use monster/unique enemy abilities?

There is a job being discussed that may use beast within Rasphalia to aid them in their battles. As for learning these abilities and using them on their own, I am not sure.

Hope this helps out a bit!

• TacticalRPGFan, BeatNasty and Gesser like this

#4 TacticalRPGFan

TacticalRPGFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

Thank you for responding to questions like this Shyla! I understand Unsung Story is still in the early stages of development so not everything is going to be definite or even known at all yet, but I do think it's better to provide an answer with what you do know like how you did here even if it's something that's changed later.

To clarify something briefly, you said:

There is a job being discussed that may use beast within Rasphalia to aid them in their battles. As for learning these abilities and using them on their own, I am not sure.

It's my understanding from the Kickstarter it was planned for there to be six Tamer classes in different professions as per this image:

ee6f2004a1b1bbfb76942265a2103b5f_origina

Now if I understood Update #42 correctly, these 10 professions have been replaced by 5 schools - War/Nature/Divine/Man/Arcane. For reference here are the classes listed in Update #42:

• Units within the School of War specialize in the use of martial weapons and skills. Soldiers and Lancers are examples of two Jobs found within this school.  
  • The School of Nature revolves around the use of weapons and skills that pertain to living alongside nature. Huntsmen and Beastmasters are just two Jobs found within this School.
  • The School of the Divine promotes the use of powers imparted from higher beings which manifest as Miracles or Hexes. Priests and Necromancers are two Jobs that emerge from this School.  
  • The School of Man highlights the perfection, ingenuity, and vices of man. Incidentally, Apothecaries and Assassins are two Jobs found here.  
  • The last School, the Arcane School, uses magic instead of physical means to overcome obstacles. Here you will find Jobs such as Wizards and Summoners associated to this School.

Out of these, I image BeastMaster is the Nature Tamer, Summoners are the Arcane Tamer, and possibly depending on implementation Necromancers could be a Divine Tamer. Has development here proceeded far enough to create a new diagram of how Schools and Class Types will interact?

• Gesser likes this

#5 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:53 AM

Regarding Tamer classes... I hope there's still multiple planned from different Disciplines (my word for Schools), I'm right there with you & love the concepts you've touched on.

War could be an offensive ravager, a beast tamer who calls familiars into combat to aid him (bears, boars, wolves, etc.)

Nature could be more supportive-like with fey/owl/sprite/stag sorts of beings.

Divine, Necromancy is pretty straight-forward but you could do a conjurer with a Holy-bent... a more traditional FFT style Summoner who calls upon corporeal versions of the gods or prays to them & is sent a manifestation of their will...

Man could be like a Tinker whom utilizes little automatons or drones. Think, Mustadio but different. Personally, I know this game currently has a more fuedal/medieval thing going on, but I've always been obsessed with how certain tactical fantasies have included gunner or machine types... could be very steampunk-esque so as not to venture too deep into machinery or technology (no giant mech like Mustadio's haha).

Arcane, summoning elemental atronoch's a la FFXIV's Summoner Job or like Skyrim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users