Photo

Can you please give us some gameplay mechanics now?

Gameplay Skills Skill-Customization Customization Progression Classes Abilities Upgrades

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:10 AM

How progression will work, or skill-customization, etc.

Give us a preview of a class' abilities, perhaps?

Not to sound ungrateful, but I could care less about story-teasers (esp. since I'd prefer to leave everything story-related unspoiled).

Gameplay is the meat for me & I think it's time to get some solid info. on that front.

• Vitezdido, SamellaFado, ThomasSn and 15 others like this

#2 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

We are working on an update that will go over a little bit about this. I am working on an update that will talk a bit about the different schools in the game and how they evolved from something we discussed in an earlier update. You should expect to see the update this week or next. :)

• peterious likes this

#3 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:24 AM

Oh darn it. So no gameplay this next Update? Gotta wait at least two updates from now?

At least with this update regarding Schools, you can please tell us some things about how the progression system in the game is panning out?

Some mechanics around it, not simply,  a generic "so & so becomes so & so".

Would very much appreciate it!!

Thanks for the reply, Shyla.

#4 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

Progression is something that we want to share, so I will see when and how we can do this. I do know that something we wanted to talk about soon was the weapons and how they will affect your characters in the game (as it stands, you will be able to equip two weapons which will change things around for your character, but I will explain more in greater detail later). 

• Gesser likes this

#5 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

Progression is something that we want to share, so I will see when and how we can do this. I do know that something we wanted to talk about soon was the weapons and how they will affect your characters in the game (as it stands, you will be able to equip two weapons which will change things around for your character, but I will explain more in greater detail later). 

Excellent, I've always been a HUGE fan of having multiple weapon options which affect more than stats alone (which actually adjust mechanics/properties).

For instance:

Say your Berserker has the option of playing with two one-handed Axes or one giant two-handed Axe. Each weapon class has its own appeal/niche & one or the other may be more preferable to a certain style of play. For instance, a dual-wielding Berserker has much better innate Fury-generation but much less burst/overall damage by comparison, he would be far more suited to mowing larger creatures where he could maintain high Fury for great sustained-damage but less effective against hordes of mobs. A Berserker wielding a two-hander would generate Fury more slowly but its abilities would be far more effective, this would be less of an ‘auto-attacker’ type of build & more suited to decimating waves of creatures on average. A Ranger could use a Crossbow or a Longbow, Crossbows would have shorter range but deal greater damage while Longbows would do less damage in exchange for greater reach.

Skills could possibly be balanced by scaling off a percentage of weapon-damage (X physical damage is greater utilizing a more powerful weapon) so as to promote greater balance/fine-tuning between weapon-types. The downside comes when a Classes ultimate weapon is just one type or the ultimate weapons of each kind aren’t properly balanced. This’ something to keep in mind when developing weapon classes. Make sure to give us an ultimate version for each type but ensure the two options are evenly well-balanced between one another.

#6 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

Shyla, this update nearing?!?!

#7 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

Shyla?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gameplay, Skills, Skill-Customization, Customization, Progression, Classes, Abilities, Upgrades

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users