3 replies to this topic

#1 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:15 AM

You might hate me for throwing this into the mix...

I know you already changed it from "professions" to "schools," however...

I think you should call them "Disciplines."

Tell it to the dev's, sleep on it, but I think it has a much nicer ring to it & sounds way more awesome than either of the former two names.

UPDATE: the thing itself like "Divinity" could be a "Discipline" but the institute which trains in such arts (or Disciplines) could remain a "School", for the sake of the title.

• Vitezdido and SamellaFado like this

#2 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:23 AM

Also...

"School of War"

"School of Nature"

"School of the Divine"

"School of Man"

"Arcane School"

They don't gel well. I propose you change them to:

"School of War"

"School of Nature"

"School of Divinity"

"School of Artifice/Craft/Ingenuity" (any of them, I'm leaning toward "Artifice," meshes best & has the best ring to it too!)

"School of Arcana/Arcanum" (either, though if you choose one of these, "Ingenuity" would be best for the above so you avoid the potential redundancy of having two "A" named Disciplines)

#3 gentlemanorcus

gentlemanorcus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

I'd agree with School of Divinity and School of Arcana. However, since the School of Man is literally the study of humankind (not just their ingenuity), the name fits imo. Maybe "School of Mortality" would sound a little less awkward?

• Gesser likes this

#4 Gesser

Gesser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:47 AM

From the Update: "The School of Man highlights the perfection, ingenuity, and vices of man. Incidentally, Apothecaries and Assassins are two Jobs found here."

It does note vices but that part could honestly be omitted heh. It seems honestly much less about human-nature and much more about artisanship/craft/ingenuity/mastery/skillfulness/talent, especially in view of the two Jobs mentioned (Apothecaries & Assassins).

Maybe if we wanted to keep the vices part (assassination could be viewed as an ethical vice, even if it also incorporates a form of art/mastery/skillfulness)... it could instead be "School of Mastery/Talent," but I think Ingenuity does it the most justice (even if it perhaps eliminates the unethical/vice aspect).

Mortality isn't bad but it does exude more of a 'human-nature' bent which I think is the "less about" aspect I stated.

In either case, both are leagues better than "School of Man," in my honest opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users