• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

Hello there!

My name is Shyla and I am the Community Manager here at Playdek.

Welcome to our forums and I hope you enjoy your time spent here!

I will be working to provide you all with information about our games and current projects as well as scheduling events and activities for you to join such as tournaments and beta testing to name a few

A little bit about me—

• I’ve been in the gaming industry for the past 8 years with a few different companies. I’ve worked in QA, Account and Billing, Marketing, and Customer Support to list a few.
  • A few of my favorite Tabletop Games are D&D 5E, Cards Against Humanity, Munchkin, and Scattergories.
  • A few of my favorite Video Games are the Borderland Series, The Elder Scrolls series, Sid Meier's Civ 5, Dungeon Defenders, the Saint’s Row Series, and Animal Crossing.
  • A few of my favorite TV Shows: American Horror Story, Game of Thrones, The League, Bob's Burgers, South Park
  • I love horror movies and scary games although I am a huge wimp, and I love to experiment in the kitchen and learn new culinary techniques (if I could meet Alton Brown or Gordon Ramsay I would be so happy).

And that’s about it. Feel free to find me on the forums or in the chat room.

Cheers!

Shyla, Playdek Community Manager

• Ahrlo, Palossact, Vitezdido and 8 others like this

#2 Ahrlo

Ahrlo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:12 AM

Glad to meet you :)

I'm here because of Unsung Story - FFT is one of my three favorite games of all time, and the game i've re-played more than any other.

I'm thrilled and can't wait to have a new game from that team and on a mac *swoons*

#3 Scribner

Scribner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

greetings and salutations --

a pleasure to meet you, insofar as we have "met," as well...

congratulations on the successful deployment of your forums, and i hope your new responsibilities prove to be rewarding, and well-rewarded...

as for who i am, i'm the world's worst CCG player -- i've been playing them since they have existed, and the only ones i haven't tried are the ones i haven't heard of yet...  i stink at them all, but that doesn't stop me from having fun...  while almost everyone is better than i am, if you sleep on me, i *will* beat you...  except, of course, when i don't...

favorite games...?  loved MtG, once upon a time...  loved NetRunner [both the original and the new "living card game" version]...  loved the original Warhammer 40K CCG, the one they scrapped...  loved Jyhad/VtES...  loved Call of Cthuhu [both the original and the "living card game" version]...  loved the original Middle Earth CCG by Iron Crown Enterprises -- what an hot, glorious mess that game was...!!!  loved Heresy:  Kingdom Come...  loved Vs. System...  am currently involved in a love/hate relationship with SolForge...  it won't last, though -- i discovered Ascension, which you fine folk put out, and it is BRILLIANT...!!!  definitely my favorite Android game, and probably the best bargain for your Google Play dollar in existence:  free for the base set, which is plenty of fun on its own, but a mere $15 for unlocking all of the expansions and promo packs...  i'll be playing that one for years to come...

i used to play D&D -- my first set was the very original release, and i stuck with it through 3rd Edition, but eventually i transitioned from dice-chucker to card-slinger...

i never was much of a board gamer...  i've played some of the classics, but i prefer cards, i guess...

i don't watch much in the way of television, although i'm giving The Blacklist a try...  Game of Thrones is, of course, brilliant and awesome...  next season can't get here soon enough...  i've been struggling to stay interested in The Walking Dead, but, having read the comics & graphic novels first, it's trying...  i loved Firefly, and wouldn't it be great to see that come back, someday, somehow...?  Tom Baker era Doctor Who...  Heroes, season 1 was pretty amazing -- if only they'd known to just let it go at that...

i share your interest in cooking and am somewhat accomplished in that arena:  i've cooked for a living, but i don't really care to do so anymore, as i feel like cooking for a living sucks a lot of the creativity and joy out of it, for me...  unless you're in a position to make your own rules, perhaps, which i have not been...

so, as i started to say, it was Ascension that brought me here...  i play on an Android tablet [2nd-gen Nexus 7] & on PC via Bluestacks...  i'm not much of a fan of Steam, but i am looking forward to a PC implementation, particularly if there is a Linux version of the client...  i'm a Linux user by preference, and it chagrins and shames me to have to maintain a Windows PC, given my feelings about free & open-source software, for gaming...

what else...?  umm, i generally only use capital letters for impact and/or effect, and i am, as you've probably already noticed, a great fan of the ellipsis...  i majored in English in college, go figure, so i feel entitled to abuse the English language as i see fit...  fortunately, i minored in Computer Science [which, back then, was a nascent field], or else i'd never have known the pleasures of food & shelter...

i'm a little older than most gamers i encounter -- maybe a little more than a little...

oh, and i am an overblown windbag who can go on and on and on without really saying a thing if i don't keep a tight rein on myself...  having said that, i'll wrap this up...  best of luck on the new venture and best of success in keeping gamers and forum posters, unruly lots, both, in check...

peace --

-- khs

p.s. -- really, please-PLEASE-please make Ascension Online available for the Linux Steam platform...?

#4 Mundungu

Mundungu

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:38 PM

It was great to meet you at Gen Con Shyla!  I'm mostly here for Summoner Wars, but I'm really looking forward to Twilight Struggle and Unsung Story too.  Playdek really is the best mobile dev, can't wait for the next thing you guys release!

#5 SaintOn

SaintOn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

I'm here for Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians.   I've had several friends tell me just how amazing Playdeck games are and they suggested I join in the fun.  One Kickstarter later and here I am.  

#6 Onuma

Onuma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNoVA

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:18 AM

Unsung Story KS backer here.  I'm looking forward to the future.

Shyla is a foodie, eh?  I just happen to be taking my wife to see Alton Brown next month; we're both pretty stoked about that.  I don't know if I'll get to meet him in person, but I'll try to share some photos if the opportunity presents itself.  My son also happens to be named Alton :ph34r:

Death is lighter than a feather.  Duty heavier than a mountain. -al'Lan Mandragoran

#7 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

We are glad to be able to get this into your hands Ahrlo!  :)

Wow Scribner, you certainly have played your fair share of CCGs! And I’ve also heard good things about The Blacklist, so if you end up liking it please let me know! And an English Major and Computer Science Minor, sounds like an odd combo but I am glad it has worked out for you! I’ll pass along your Ascension for Steam Linux request to the team for you as well! Great meeting you!  ^_^

Whoo hoo Gen Con! Glad to have you on the forums, and thanks for being one of the first to help us out with the first mBer test session! Thanks for the kind words Mundungu, and hopefully I will have the chance to play against you in Summoner Wars sometime.  :D

Hello SaintOn! Glad to have you on board and glad to know that your friends are who lead you here! Hopefully we can help make you want to stay around.  ;)

I wanted to go to the Alton Brown show so bad last year when he was out in California but missed my chance, so I am extremely excited and jealous of you and your wife right now, in a good way, hahahaha! :lol: I hope you love the show, let me know how it goes, and I love the name choice for your son, you really are a foodie and a fan Onuma!

#8 Rotendo

Rotendo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:20 AM

Hello, all!

My name is Rotendo and Unsung Story brought me here. A big FFT... well, Matsuno fan, really and am really excited about the project. 

I myself, am in the game industry and if you count gaming retail (GameStop 4 years) then I've been in the industry for about 8 years too! QA, Alpha/Lead QA, and Designer. On top of being in the game industry (when I'm on projects), I'm also a competitive gamer. No, I don't do the MMOs or MOBAs (just never put that much time into those games). It's all about fighters for me. Mortal Kombat, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Killer Instinct. Those are the main ones. When I'm not playing fighters, I'm playing RPGs. My favorite RPG of all time is Secret of Mana (SNES). I love that game! When I'm not working on games, or when I'm between projects and not competing in tournaments, I direct drumlines at a high school during the football/marching band season. I'm a Marine Vet and highly motivated! 

Hopefully there'll be more info about the game soon!

#9 Hierophant

Hierophant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:01 AM

Howdy!

Just dropping in to say 'hi.' Huge Matsuno fan, esp. from FFT. Saw the Unsung Story Kickstarter and the wallet opened itself -- no intervention required.

I've been in video game development for ~2 years now. I wrote and produced Zero Summer, which is built on the same platform as Fallen London/Echo Bazaar, and am currently developing a 16-bit tactical RPG set in a historical fantasy world inspired by the history of Israel and Palestine.

Nice to meet you all. :)

#10 Jeon

Jeon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:15 PM

Very nice to meet you all!

I am a backer for Unsung Story.

Been gaming on tactic based and RPG games as long as I can recall.

Won't say I am good at either but does not keep me from stopping on things I enjoy doing.

Am really excited to see another fantasy tactics game based on hexagon tiles (since PS1) instead of the usual square tiles.

Waiting patiently for the fun to begin!

:)

#11 Gullin

Gullin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:38 AM

Hello everyone! I'm excited to to try out unsung story! i have little experience in strategy games and i'm looking to trying out this genre of game.

#12 Quasirus

Quasirus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:28 AM

Hello ! Happy to be a part of this community. Have fun everyone!

#13 Gunblade

Gunblade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:35 PM

Hi, nice to meet you all. I, like many other am here because of the countless hours spent playing FFT, FFTA and FFTA2. Can't wait for this game :)

#14 Conquérant_Rouge

Conquérant_Rouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:14 AM

I'm a bit late at the party, but as they say "better late than never"

I'm a Unsung Story backer.

As a hardcore gamer, Tactic RPGs are one of my favourite.

I expect this project will be awsome !!

#15 Hidrilion

Hidrilion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

I might as well join on the same boat - Better late than never.

I'm here as a follower of Mr. Matsuno's work, Yoshida's art. 
I've been eager to see how awesome this game will turn out and I'm also willing to give my full support as Alpha - Beta and Art Consultant for this ambitious project. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users