With the Battle System rules defined, our game designers have been able to turn their focus towards defining the schools that will help characterize the different playable Job Classes found within the game. Previously called “Professions” in early development, these Schools have been broken down into five categories: War, Nature, Divine, Man, and Arcane.
- Units within the School of War specialize in the use of martial weapons and skills. Soldiers and Lancers are examples of two Jobs found within this school.
- The School of Nature revolves around the use of weapons and skills that pertain to living alongside nature. Huntsmen and Beastmasters are just two Jobs found within this School.
- The School of the Divine promotes the use of powers imparted from higher beings which manifest as Miracles or Hexes. Priests and Necromancers are two Jobs that emerge from this School.
- The School of Man highlights the perfection, ingenuity, and vices of man. Incidentally, Apothecaries and Assassins are two Jobs found here.
- The last School, the Arcane School, uses magic instead of physical means to overcome obstacles. Here you will find Jobs such as Wizards and Summoners associated to this School.
Other factors that will impact your playable units will be their Lineage (which will be discussed at a later time) and the Unit’s attributes. The starting attributes assigned to each Unit will be determined by their chosen School at the time of creation. The six attributes assigned to the Units include Vitality, Strength, Dexterity/Agility, Intelligence/Mind, Faith/Piety, and Charisma.
- Vitality governs a Unit's Hit Points and movement.
- Strength governs the Attack Power of a Unit and improves and Unit's Hit Points.
- Dexterity/Agility governs a Unit's base chance to hit, perform critical strikes, and dodge attacks.
- Intelligence/Mind governs a Unit's Mana Pool, the strength of INT based equipment and spells, as well as the number of spells, miracles and/or hexes a Unit can equip.
- Faith/Piety governs the strength of Faith based equipment and Miracles as well as mana regen.
- Charisma governs a Unit's ability to influence, lead, and raise the morale of men as well as beasts. While each Unit will receive starting attributes at creation, you will be able to change these attribute values through leveling.
Along with Schools and Attributes, you will have the option to collect and equip gear on your Units. This gear will often have a one or more requirement that the Unit must meet or exceed to equip and thus use it, such as a required Attribute level or assigned School. Equipable gear will include Armor, Shields, and Weapons, and certain gear found within the game have the ability to be upgraded which will improve the gear by adding an additional effect.
And now, we will leave you with these images of the interior of one of the current playable demos we have been building in-house. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com or post up on our forums here: http://playdek.invisionzone.com/
Shyla, Playdek Community Manager