• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TacticalRPGFan

TacticalRPGFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:39 AM

As per the Unsung Story Kickstarter, there are a number of Consultants and other Contributors who are going to work more closely with Playdek and the development team on certain aspects of Unsung Story. Specifically:

•     Behind-the-Scenes Adventure (Art) / Art Consultant - 70 Backers
  •     Behind-the-Scenes Adventure (Design) / Design Consultant - 187 Backers
  •     Build the Adventure / Design NPC, Building or Weapon - 5 Backers
  •     Become the Adventure / Your face as an NPC or Soldier - 4 Backers
  •     Total: 266 Backers

Since Unsung Story is still in its early development phase, it's understandable if none of this is happening now. However, in order to make sure this all is planned for and won't cause problems in the future, I thought it would be worthwhile to ask: Shyla, is there a timeline or process planned for engaging these backers in their respective roles?

I think for the latter two (Build the Adventure and Become the Adventure) the numbers are small enough that these people can be reached out to individually. However, for the Consultants it doesn't seem viable for Playdek and the Development Team to manage personal communication with 200+ people at once. Would some kind additional forum board be the best way to have Consultants communicate with the Development Team?

And until whatever process for Consultants and Contributors begins, is there anything we can do from our end to prepare?

I think it would be worthwhile to start threads for people to share their ideas for these areas. Here's a question for everyone: who on the forums is a Consultant or Contributor? I'm a Design Consultant myself.

• ThomasSn, RudyEased, DanielPa and 8 others like this

#2 melkidezek

melkidezek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:40 AM

I'm an art consultant! :D

#3 TacticalRPGFan

TacticalRPGFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

I'm an art consultant! :D

Awesome! Glad to meet you, melkidezek. Your avatar is cute! Great that we have at least one art consultant on the forums.

Now that we have at least one art and design consultant, here's more information about those roles from Kickstart Update #17:

With the $165 Design tier, we will look to you to help us create a stage in one of the episodes. We will group you up into focus groups so that each of you will be able to have your voice heard. Together, working with our development team you will be able to help us from the ground up in creating a stage. This entails:

• Analyzing the episode and the stage for story impact. 
  • Break down the mechanics of the battle. 
  • Plot out the stage and deciding on the battle flow. 
  • Choose the combatant types found in the stage. 
  • Balance the stage.

For the $165 Art tier, you will be able to work with our artists to help design a monster that can be used by the Tamer class. We will group you up into focus groups so that each of you will be able to have your voice heard. Together we will be able to create a monster from scratch that all players will be able to use in the game. This entails:

• Deciding on the look of the monsters. 
  • Choosing the monster’s attributes. 
  • Selecting/creating the specific abilities this monster will be able to use. 
  • Determining the types of environment the monster can be found in. 
  • Balance the monster.

This access is a great chance for you to be heard early on and to help us shape the overall look and feel of Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians.

Although it might be early, I think I'm going to take the initiative and make a thread to discuss level concepts, and a separate thread to discuss monster ideas as well. That should at least encourage ideas and brainstorming, whether they wind up being officially submitted concepts or not. Hopefully any art or design consultants will be able to contribute their own ideas!

#4 kliqIMB

kliqIMB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

Design guy reporting in after months and months of absence. Sad to see these forums so dead. :( Not that the old ones were much better. No one is lurking the chat anymore either. 

#5 Risada

Risada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:50 AM

Design guy here as well... Waiting on something... ANYTHING.

#6 Ennioden

Ennioden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

I also pledged for the Design Consultant tier.
One VERY important thing we can do is not giving ANY pressure :D

I'm sure playdek will be back to us as soon as they have something to share with us, meanwhile we just need to be patient. Personally I'm glad is not started yet, I barely had the time to have a look a this forum so far :P
Since there are 266 backer entitled as consultants organizing the work won't be an easy task, I guess they'll need us very near the end of the project.

#7 gingerrevenger

gingerrevenger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

"Art" consultant checking in. 

I would be pleased to hear more info from Playdek and if possible a designated backer board/forum for consultants.

I am looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions and ideas.  

As for pressure...any update is better than no update.  Just sayin...it helps to keep your backers in the loop.  So far playdek is doing loads better than a lot of other projects.  

• Ennioden likes this

#8 spacemonkey

spacemonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

Another Art Consultant hoping for a progress update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: backers, design, art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users