23 replies to this topic

#21 Benkyo

Benkyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

I have never heard of an integer komi for Go, and I don't see why anyone would ever use one, but I suppose it is possible. I think we're getting pretty far off topic though =)

• malynuP likes this

#22 mkiefte

mkiefte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Canada

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

The point is that it is possible in go and in chess it's very likely.  The original question was what kind of system wouldn't allow a draw and why can that system not be changed?

I'm not even expecting an answer.  The original answer was really unsatisfactory, however.  I was particularly irked by the notion that we should be disappointed by a draw after a long game.  Frankly, I would be pretty bloody disappointed if I played a two-hour game only to discover that the developer had tweaked the rules that resulted in me losing the game instead of forcing a draw.

• strategery likes this

#23 strategery

strategery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:51 AM

The point is that it is possible in go and in chess it's very likely.  The original question was what kind of system wouldn't allow a draw and why can that system not be changed?

I'm not even expecting an answer.  The original answer was really unsatisfactory, however.  I was particularly irked by the notion that we should be disappointed by a draw after a long game.  Frankly, I would be pretty bloody disappointed if I played a two-hour game only to discover that the developer had tweaked the rules that resulted in me losing the game instead of forcing a draw.

I agree, dirt poor rationale and attitude from the playdek admin. Every TS player I know has come across this Wargames situation where a draw is possible or must be avoided.  Multiple times for me personally.

#24 Adlerson

Adlerson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

If you're trying to convince me that what most board gamers want is to end in a tie after investing 2 hours to a game (or several weeks if played async), I'd say you're wrong.

Most board gamers want an accurate rendition of their games when they play them in a digital form. So yes, if the rules of the board game state that X happens, I want X to happen, not Y, just because you can't be bothered to code your back end properly. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users