Photo

Complete bug list (excluding AI issues and Turn Zero bugs)

bug

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Benkyo

Benkyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:58 AM

Here's my attempt at listing all bugs in one place. I'll try and keep this updated - please let me know if I've missed any.

Bugs:

• Iron Lady allows USSR to avoid the normal influence adjacency rules (meaning USSR can use it to get into Argentina then add a further 3 influence in/around Argentina, even if USSR started the AR without any influence in the area).
  • Vietnam Revolts + Red Purge with a 1 OP card in Southeast Asia gives 2 OPs instead of 1.
  • Interface forces you to use all realignment rolls, even if you don't want to.
  • SALT forces card draw, even if you don't want it (e.g. after a reshuffle play of Missile Envy).
  • UN Intervention for OPs is possible on a Grain Sales headline.
  • Cuban Missile Crisis influence removal is not possible in all the situations when it should be (specifically, the USSR cannot add 2 or more influence to Cuba and then remove 2 to cancel CMC in the same AR).
  • Scoring Card play during Quagmire/Bear Trap is possible, but not clearly flagged as such.
  • Discard pile disappears under some circumstances (exiting and re-entering game is a workaround).
  • The VP tie rule changes are not taught by the documentation or indicated anywhere in the game until the point at which you win/lose, by which time it's too late.
  • Aldrich Ames Remix doesn't expose the US hand during the whole remainder of the turn (significant when "Ask Not..." gets played).
  • Latin America Debt Crisis for the event gets removed instead of going to the discard.
  • Apparently it's impossible to remove a user from your friend list if they have never played TS online.
  • Grain sales event > Missile envy event > US card play >> USSR unable to play Missile envy for OPs, impossible to advance game state.
  • UN Intervention after U2 awards 1 VP prior to choosing a card to play with UN Intervention. If your VPs are at 19, and you have no card in hand to use with UN Intervention, you should not be able to play UN Intervention for an automatic victory, but currently you can.
  • Turn zero effects aren't working. Reports seem to indicate that a large amount of Turn Zero content is borked.
  • "One Small Step..." event appears to (incorrectly) grant the VP of a space you skip, but this is not reflected in the actual VP track.

Rule changes:

• VP tie is a win for US (with an exception for Wargames, below).
  • A Wargames VP tie is a loss for the player who played the event.

Problem with asynchronous play:

• There's no easy in-game way to figure out what cards your opponent might be holding, and no way to make notes. I run a separate program for card-tracking.

Problem with realtime play:

• Apparently it occasionally looks to both players as if it is still the opponents turn (and timer) ticking down. I haven't experienced this.

Other interface issues:

• Part of the chat window is obscured by the camera buttons.

• Cannon Fodder, afafard, yzemaze and 5 others like this

#2 wlk

wlk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:35 AM

+Aldrich Ames Remix doesn't expose the US hand during the whole remainder of the turn (only when playing it)

• Benkyo likes this

#3 mkiefte

mkiefte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Canada

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

When you score either Middle East or Asia while under Shuttle Diplomacy, it displays the VP counts as if Shuttle Diplomacy was not in play but the end result is correct.
  • Benkyo likes this

#4 Benkyo

Benkyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:31 AM

When you score either Middle East or Asia while under Shuttle Diplomacy, it displays the VP counts as if Shuttle Diplomacy was not in play but the end result is correct.

Thanks. I seem to remember a different but related bug with Shuttle Diplomacy and final scoring? Am I right in thinking it shows Shuttle Diplomacy in effect, but correctly scores as if it weren't? I haven't encountered it, so I'm not sure.

#5 Stalin

Stalin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:18 AM

A new bug I found just today: when "Latin American Debt Crisis" is played, it is placed in the Removed stack, not on the Discard stack as it should be, as it is a recurring event (no star).

• mkiefte and Benkyo like this

#6 DukeOfLight

DukeOfLight

Twilight Struggle Backer

• Twilight Struggle Backer
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania, EU

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:16 AM

Gwes are you seeing this?

#7 mkiefte

mkiefte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

A new release came out yesterday, but I cannot find any list of what bugs were fixed.  Has anyone else found anything?

#8 Benkyo

Benkyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

A new release came out yesterday, but I cannot find any list of what bugs were fixed.  Has anyone else found anything?

This is the list from the Steam news page:

- Fixed influence animations to map not completing properly 
- Fixed Vietnam Revolts and China Card interaction in Asia 
- Fixed Flower Power/Arab Israeli War/Camp David Accords bug 
- Fixed bug with passing action round when Cuban Missile Crisis is in play 
- Fixed being able to undo after AI headline card is revealed 
- Several cards need to have commit points added 
- Coup Popup now shows correct Military Ops gain when opponent attempts a coup 
- Fixed Algerian flag 
- Fixed the online create game not saving additional influence setting correctly 
- Find Game screen no shows the host's online status icon 
- Add Friend input field limit increased to 30 characters 
- Fixed text coloring on ingame chat 
- Fixed map jiggle on ultra-wide displays 
- Fixed text alignment on several cards 
- Fixed rulebook and tutorial text errors 
- Tutorial now plays all announcements as Auto Play 
- Drag cards are no longer stuck over UI after application loses focus 
- Added tooltips to region scoring widget 
- Added text warning for offline forfeit

Looks like they missed most of the big ones.

• mkiefte likes this

#9 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

That list is from the previous update months ago.

I'm working on build notes for yesterday's build, but probably won't be able to post them until later tonight.
  • mkiefte likes this

#10 Stalin

Stalin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:06 PM

"Playdek" is right. The list of bug fixes above dates from Apr 22.

#11 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:14 AM

• Iron Lady allows USSR to avoid the normal influence adjacency rules.
  • Vietnam Revolts + Red Purge with a 1 OP card in Southeast Asia gives 2 OPs instead of 1.
  • Cuban Missile Crisis influence removal is not possible in all the situations when it should be (e.g., after an opponent play of Lone Gunman/CIA).

These are not fixed in 1.1.0, but they are top priority (along with Turn Zero bugs) for an update in early January.

Each of these is not a simple fix, and we need to find a way to do it that doesn't significantly impact the AI processing time.

#12 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:17 AM

• Interface forces you to use all realignment rolls, even if you don't want to.
  • Interface forces card draw from SALT, even if you don't want it (e.g. after a reshuffle play of Missile Envy).
  • UN Intervention for OPs is possible on a Grain Sales headline.
  • Latin America Debt Crisis for the event gets removed instead of going to the discard.

These will also be fixed in the next update.  All should be an easy correction, but we weren't aware of the last 3 until after it was too late to make this update.

(It says something about how minor these issues are that they are just now being reported after 14 months since the start of beta testing).

#13 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:18 AM

• Iran-Contra Scandal realignment modifiers don't display correctly.
  • Wargames in the Late War scenario wins the game for the USSR when the USSR plays it for the event, even when VPs become positive for the US.
  • Superpower adjacency either not shown or not counted for Brush War roll.
  • Shuttle Diplomacy effects do not display correctly.

These are all fixed in 1.1.0 (I think the Brush War issue was corrected in a build previous to that, even).

#14 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:23 AM

• Scoring Card play during Quagmire/Bear Trap is possible, but not clearly flagged as such.
  • Discard pile disappears under some circumstances (exiting and re-entering game is a workaround).
  • Aldrich Ames Remix doesn't expose the US hand during the whole remainder of the turn (significant when "Ask Not..." gets played).
  • There's no easy in-game way to figure out what cards your opponent might be holding, and no way to make notes. I run a separate program for card-tracking.

These are interface issues that we plan to address, but there's more interface design and art involved than with the rules bugs, so I doubt they'll be fixed in the next update.  Hopefully soon after, though.

For the discard pile issue, we still haven't been able to reproduce it here.  I think it only happens when you play a live game the whole way through (or at least from before Turn 6 and well into Turn 7).  I think it may be that the discard pile is scrolled all the way to one end while it is full and then end of Turn 6, but then the scroll position isn't reset when the discard pile is emptied for the Turn 7 reshuffle.  I've made a few minor adjustments hoping to fix it, but can't be sure since I can't reliably produce the behavior.  I might see if we can a temporary scroll bar to the discard pile to see if it helps understand this issue.

#15 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:25 AM

• Apparently it occasionally looks to both players as if it is still the opponents turn (and timer) ticking down. I haven't experienced this.

I haven't seen reports of anything similar to this in quite awhile.  Since the issue with activated Cuban Missile Crisis was fixed in August, at least.

If anyone is seeing something like this now, please post it here or contact support@playdekgames.com with details.

#16 Benkyo

Benkyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:37 AM

Thank you for the comprehensive set of responses. I look forward to the day we can play Twilight Struggle bug-free using my favourite online interface.

#17 VenomX

VenomX

Twilight Struggle Backer

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:36 AM

SALT forces you to take a card. Maybe not a bug. Perhaps they are unaware the interface doesn't give you the option not to take a card.

#18 mkiefte

mkiefte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

SALT forces you to take a card. Maybe not a bug. Perhaps they are unaware the interface doesn't give you the option not to take a card.

SALT should not force you to take a card.  Read the card's text.

#19 Stalin

Stalin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

In the case of "Latin American Debt Crisis", it is not surprising that the bug has not been reported before. It is a Late War card, so its presence in the Discard pile only matters if there is a Turn 10 reshuffle, which is uncommon. Even then, you would have to look at the Discard pile just before the reshuffle to notice the bug.

#20 VenomX

VenomX

Twilight Struggle Backer

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

SALT should not force you to take a card.  Read the card's text.

Yes I know. That's obviously what I said. It forces you to. This is the bug thread so obviously I'm posting this because it's a problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users