Photo

Complete bug list (excluding AI issues and Turn Zero bugs)

bug

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 MaartenRonteltap

MaartenRonteltap

Twilight Struggle Backer

• Twilight Struggle Backer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

I have a new bug to add: the app disregards North Sea Oil and does not allow you to play a scoring card in the 8th action round. You can read more in the separate topic that I opened.

This turned out to be not really a bug, but still gweis will make the presentation of North Sea Oil clearer to avoid confusion. Thanks for the reply, gweis!

• Benkyo, JeffSiz, DeanCricle and 1 other like this

#42 redplenty3000

redplenty3000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

Non-Aligned Movement bug - this has happened to me in two different games, I haven't seen listed here yet:

AI player plays Non-Aligned Movement and chooses to remove all influence from a country with only my influence present (e.g. removing all points from West Germany with only my 4 influence points present! Quite a serious game changing move...)  .

This is clearly against the rules of the card, which requires the country chosen to have influence present and at equal levels from both sides.  

#43 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

Non-Aligned Movement bug - this has happened to me in two different games, I haven't seen listed here yet:

AI player plays Non-Aligned Movement and chooses to remove all influence from a country with only my influence present (e.g. removing all points from West Germany with only my 4 influence points present! Quite a serious game changing move...)  .
This is clearly against the rules of the card, which requires the country chosen to have influence present and at equal levels from both sides.

This happens if there are no valid countries that match the requirements for Non-Aligned Movement. Will be fixed in the next update.

#44 MaartenRonteltap

MaartenRonteltap

Twilight Struggle Backer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

This happens if there are no valid countries that match the requirements for Non-Aligned Movement. Will be fixed in the next update.

@Gweis: Then please also fix the other bug where if you play Non-Aligned Movement yourself (for its event), the app does not let you select a country to remove all its influence. It was already mentioned twice in this topic but benkyo did not add it to the list yet. For an example, see game #176437, turn 5, action round US 3.

@Benkyo: Can you please add both bugs regarding Non-Aligned Movement to the list? Thanks.

#45 Benkyo

Benkyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:13 AM

@Benkyo: Can you please add both bugs regarding Non-Aligned Movement to the list? Thanks.

I'm beginning to think Turn Zero could do with its own thread. Partly because it introduced so many bugs that my list can't possibly be considered complete if I attempt to list them, partly because it's tricky to describe them when they involve cards I've never seen, and partly because it's impossible for me to confirm them (the last point not an issue with confirmation from Gweis, obviously). I'll update the thread title to reflect this.

#46 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

@Gweis: Then please also fix the other bug where if you play Non-Aligned Movement yourself (for its event), the app does not let you select a country to remove all its influence. It was already mentioned twice in this topic but benkyo did not add it to the list yet. For an example, see game #176437, turn 5, action round US 3.

This bug is fixed already, but your game was created before the update was released, so the fix isn't applied to your game.

If you start a new game now, Non-Aligned Movement will allow you to select a country to remove influence.

#47 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

I'm beginning to think Turn Zero could do with its own thread. Partly because it introduced so many bugs that my list can't possibly be considered complete if I attempt to list them, partly because it's tricky to describe them when they involve cards I've never seen, and partly because it's impossible for me to confirm them (the last point not an issue with confirmation from Gweis, obviously). I'll update the thread title to reflect this.

That isn't necessary.  I believe Non-Aligned Movement when played with no valid targets is the only Turn Zero specific bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

#48 Benkyo

Benkyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

Super obscure bug discovered by MichaelVal:

UN Intervention after U2 Incident awards 1 VP prior to choosing a card to play with UN Intervention, then takes it away if you don't have a valid card. This means that if your VPs are at 19, and you have no card in hand to use with UN Intervention, you should not be able to play UN Intervention for an automatic victory, but currently you can.

• mkiefte likes this

#49 GraceandSword

GraceandSword

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:17 AM

Just played a game, East Germany was controlled 7/0 by USSR, us played non aligned movement for the event and knocked 7 USSR inf out of E Ger.

#50 afafard

afafard

Twilight Struggle Backer

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Found a new one: Playing "One Small Step..." event while your superpower have not moved in the Space Race yet grants you 1VP.

It should only move your progress up to Animal in Space without any VP gain.

#51 Benkyo

Benkyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:00 AM

You aren't the first person to mention that bug - I remember a Steam comment saying the same thing, but they never followed up with details.

Have you tested it? Does it always give 1 VP?

#52 afafard

afafard

Twilight Struggle Backer

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:03 PM

Not easy to reproduce as I need to get the "One Small Step..." card while the opponent is ahead of me in the Space Race.

However, I am positive.  I did get the VP while moving from the Space Race Start space to Animal in Space using the "One Small Step..." event.

I cannot say if the bug is applicable to other VP spots (Lunar Orbit and Space Shuttle) but I suspect it is.

#53 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:08 AM

It's only a visual bug. The correct VP & effects are awarded as if you moved ahead 2 spaces.

#54 Benkyo

Benkyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:13 AM

It's only a visual bug. The correct VP & effects are awarded as if you moved ahead 2 spaces.

Thanks for the clarification. Can you confirm which visual is at fault?

Let's say VP is at 0, No space race advance (opponent has advanced 1), and "One small step" is played. I assume the VP total correctly stays at 0, I'm guessing the "visual bug" is an award of 1 VP in the popup. Does the tab display correctly?

#55 afafard

afafard

Twilight Struggle Backer

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

I have cancelled and redone the event to make sure I was not imaginating things.  What I recall is that the VP was awarded.

#56 afafard

afafard

Twilight Struggle Backer

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:45 AM

Ok, just got this situation happen to against me again in my latest online game.

Gary is right, VP is shown but not awarded.  I had 19VP and US played "One Small Step..." event and VP stayed at 19 despite showing US was gaining 1 VP during the event resolution.

• Benkyo likes this

#57 inthoforo

inthoforo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:23 AM

I was the beneficiary of the following 2 bugs in a game this evening.

* If Chernobyl is set to Africa and your US opponent gives you the South Africa Unrest card, you can still put down units.  For some reason, I was allowed to put in 3 (1 in South Africa and 2 in an adjoining country).

* I used Summit for effect on turn 10.  I believe it is a mid-war card that can only be used in mid-war.

#58 Benkyo

Benkyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

I was the beneficiary of the following 2 bugs in a game this evening.

* If Chernobyl is set to Africa and your US opponent gives you the South Africa Unrest card, you can still put down units.  For some reason, I was allowed to put in 3 (1 in South Africa and 2 in an adjoining country).

* I used Summit for effect on turn 10.  I believe it is a mid-war card that can only be used in mid-war.

Neither are bugs.

• afafard and TelluricSine like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users