Pretty please?

• nmalinoski and Gesser like this

#3 Ghidra

Ghidra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:45 AM

I'm a KS backer who hasn't been following the project very closely, and posts like this one and another from earlier in the year fill up the boards and make things look a lot worse than they really are.  Stop it.

Gesser, you are clearly a genuine fan--maybe the biggest of all of us from what I have read tonight--but calling out the devs and begging for an update is counterproductive.

Chad Philip Johnson

Anacronist Software

#4 Melodia

Melodia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:43 AM

No it's not. The devs have been absolutely silent, and no one was even moderating the board enough that it filled up with spam. The game was supposed to be out this month -- there wasn't even stretch goals to make it bigger -- and while that was probably unrealistic the fact there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING beyond concept art and stuff is very troubling.

And what's more is the rare times I do communicate they say "we'll do better and have lots of stuff for you"....and then don't.

I've seen it said time and time again that most backers don't care how long it takes but they want INFO. We dont' even have much proof that there's any semblence of a game here -- no actual screen shots, no videos, etc. If they would just update with SOMETHING it'd appease us.

As it is now, it's mostly just a bunch of empty promises.

• nmalinoski and Gesser like this

#5 Ghidra

Ghidra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

Alright, point taken.  I have noticed myself through the email updates that most of what is being shown is still concept art--that has caused me to scratch my head from time to time.

Still, it would be very unfortunate for this project not to succeed for a number of reasons, and I really couldn't imagine the people behind The Unsung Story doing anything to allow the wheels to fall off the bus.  Another thing to consider is that the Kickstarter was basically a failure.  Yes, it was funded, but only barely, and this has certainly had an effect on the development of the game.  Use your imagination.

Chad Philip Johnson

Anacronist Software

#6 Lucence

Lucence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:07 PM

Melodia is %100 right, this is exactly how I have felt for the last 6 months. There is not even a promo video, no work in progress artwork of maps or characters, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This is not how projects I have backed normally work. Almost all of them at least have a developer blog and share their progress. The fact that the delivery date has been reached on kickstater and they don't even have the common courtesy to tell us anything is mind blowing.
  • Gesser likes this

#7 ngudup182

ngudup182

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:40 AM

If it was "barely funded" and if that's supposedly the reason why they're lagging behind the schedule then I don't see why they can't reopen the kickstarter with a new (more realistic goal amount) and see if more backers pledge money. I definitely think this game has hype enough that people would respond if the devs just come out and say "yea we need more money than we thought to really make this as good as you want". I'd rather they come out and say that openly than have a under-budgeted mediocre sequel. (plus, remember that the margin for what is "mediocre" will be massive because people have essentially been waiting for this game for almost 15 years)

#8 nmalinoski

nmalinoski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

I think the first step is communicating to existing backers, which Playdek is not doing; either they don't understand that crowdfunding is a two-way street, or they're running a social experiment. Neither is acceptable, and it makes Playdek look really, really bad.

#9 Lt. Silverblade

Lt. Silverblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

The major issue here is the absolute stonewalling we're getting as funders. Zilch. Zero. Nein. No words at all coming from Playdeck since May... sadly there is no way to sue them...

#10 Ghidra

Ghidra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

No more stonewalling.  Do people only use these forums to gripe?  In case you missed the recent update, here are some highlights:

"But upfront, in addition to extending my apology for keeping you all in the dark too long, I want to let you know that Unsung Story has not been cancelled, nor are there any plans to do so."

"There is no way to avoid stating the fact that the game will be delayed until next year, and we wish it were otherwise."

"I want to cover some of the development issues that have impacted the game’s progress as well. Earlier in the year, Playdek went through a financial crunch that caused us to reduce some key staff. Some positions were focused on technical components to the engine being used for Unsung, and a few were content development staff who worked on all of our products."

"Up first, we have had interest from outside publishers to partner with us on Unsung Story, and over the course of the summer months had ongoing discussions with a few in particular. Being that these discussions were confidential in nature, we were unable to discuss neither this nor any of the details. Currently there is still interest from some parties, and while we will continue to explore what a partnership like that will mean for the development of the game, we can’t continue the silence due to those matters, and therefore why we are updating you now, and will continue from here on out on a regular development basis. I understand that in hind sight it might appear that we could have just shared this with you all, but without knowing how it was going to impact the development and any announcements concerning the game, we chose to wait it through that timeframe. So again, my sincere apology for keeping the curtain closed."

Chad Philip Johnson

Anacronist Software

#11 Melodia

Melodia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:47 AM

And yet, as I said above....

"And what's more is the rare times I (sic) do communicate they say "we'll do better and have lots of stuff for you"....and then don't."

The update STILL doesn't have much. Sure they SAY they are working on it, but they have shown us nothing.  Not to mention the major misstep with PvP stuff appearing to be the focus (even though they really seem to be doing what The Banner Saga did -- hint: There was backlash on that one too)

• Ghidra likes this

#12 Ghidra

Ghidra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:15 AM

Some snippits from the recent Reddit AMA:

When will we see more in progress artwork or gameplay? It sounds silly but it would be reassuring.

We understand the importance of this and will have in-game footage for you next month.

As many of the backers have expressed no desire for PvP (as evidenced by the comments on Kickstarter). How are you justifying putting so much focus on it up front? As there was no PvP in FFT and this has been presented to us a spiritual successor to FFT, why not just focus on getting the Story mode out the door, and deal with PvP later?

Whether a player is playing against AI controlled characters or against a human opponent, the mechanics of the tactics system work the same. The central core of any game is the gameplay, and playing against human opponents with the battle system in place is the first step towards building a solid AI. We are doing this internally no matter when the single player mode is released, in order to playtest the battle system. By getting some amount of external players playing against one another, we can gather data on the tactics system and balance those numbers before we put them into the AI. As to the original FFT, there was no ability to play online against other players in those days.

Hi Joel, not a question but I just wanted to say personally that I support you guys and I understand the role of PvP in the development of a PvE tactics game. Looking forward to Unsung Story, any year now :)

Thank you for the support, we appreciate it!

I am a HUGE Final Fantasy Tactics fan! Really looking forward to this game!  I'm not really too interested in multiplayer though. I want a rich single player campaign with a story to fall in love with as promised from the beginning. Why the sudden change?

There has been no change, and you will get what you are looking forward to. Matsuno's story is very rich, and I'm looking forward to the day you can play through it!

How are you going to make up for the awful way you've treated your Backers thus far? Your word is no longer good. Show us a long video today? Post a giant post of content this week? Free bonuses for all Backers?

We will have additional content that we will make exclusive to backers for your support and patience. Next month we will have an update with in-game footage to share with everyone.

Chad Philip Johnson

Anacronist Software

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users