• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lt. Silverblade

Lt. Silverblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

Any updates at this point in time would go a long way to quell the uprising indignation fans are feeling towards Playdeck right now.

This that's happening is the most outrageous disregard of fans i've ever seen and felt.

I wish there was any kind of legal measure I/We could take towards getting this done. Seems Playdeck understands nothing about players and all about lawyers.

• ThomasSn, RudyEased, Lorrinezek and 7 others like this

#2 Ennioden

Ennioden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

Hi Silverblade, 

I'm not sure what's your age, but at a certain point in life, one should learn to speak for himself.

There's no need to complain using "we". That doesn't make your complain stronger or more urgent.

That said, my opinion is that you haven't backed Playdek to pretend, but to support. That's what Kickstarter is about.

When there will be an update, we'll get it. When will be the time to get involved, we'll get involved.

Meanwhile threatening of legal actions and complaining doesn't help anyone.

But this is just my opinion, you can still complain or bother Playdek giving them troubles they probably don't need to do their best (yes, when a development team read this kind of post from fans... they feel very bad).

But at least, do it on behalf of yourself only. Thank you :)

#3 Melodia

Melodia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:49 AM

Support is one thing.

Giving money that goes into the ether is different, and if they 'feel bad', well GOOD, because they DESERVE to 'feel bad' after all this time with ZERO updates, and still absolutely no solid evidence that they are, in fact, working on the actual game that all of us "supported" with our money.

And ###### like this doesn't just affect things here -- I cannot count how many times I've read "I'm never backing on KS again" because of projects like this. It hurts all actually legit companies and people who wish to partake in the platform. And the worst thing is that there's really nothing we can do. All Playdek has to do is say "we're working on it" once in a while and they technically keep in with the Kickstarter ToS (and people can't get refunds through there any way without Playdek giving it)

#4 Lt. Silverblade

Lt. Silverblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

I say "we" because I've seen and read like a zillion comments and posts of people complaining about this garbage of a company that just ate our money and hopes.

Now, -you- can say you prefer me not complaining. I am sad to say that I can and will complain until I get a game.

I am not threatening legal action. I am saying it's a shame we can't act on legal terms. I live in Uruguay and I am sure a lot of other backers also live away from the USA. Also because KS also says you can't act on things not delivered. They're just a platform.

I am irate at the fact that Shyla has been absolutely silent ever since deadline arrived.

I am indignated that Playdeck is silent in Twitter and Facebook on ANY question regarding Unsung Story.

They can go a LONG way by simply dropping by and saying "we're on it. Here's a biscuit. Have fun".

So yeah "we" are indignated.

#5 Evinith

Evinith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:51 PM

To be far, all the complaints are very valid. We are now two months past the original release date with not even an alpha to speak of. Can you imagine a student in a university not even starting the research for a paper over two months after the due date and not failing? This isn't viable in any real world situation and show no accountability. To make matters even worse, we haven't had solid updates since October of last year and the last update being four months ago. It doesn't take long to make an update. There is a difference between keeping silent and doing nothing.

Its been over a year and a half since we backed and not even an Alpha, nothing about design or art direction, or the rewards that I backed for. Honestly, if anyone could start legal action again Playdeck they should.They can surprise me if they'd like but all and all replaying Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of Lions is the closest we will ever get to a true Sequal. See me to like Playdeck took our money and ran.

At the rate we are going, I hope someone sues; honest. 

• Lt. Silverblade likes this

#6 nmalinoski

nmalinoski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

I emailed Playdek's support email 10 days ago about getting a refund, and I've yet to receive any kind of response. Yay customer service.

#7 GPRoRo

GPRoRo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

I recently translated some of the tweets on Yasumi Matsuno's twitter and they are mostly about beer and his cat. I would imagine that the man who designed Final Fantasy Tactics would be completely immersed in his newest project and enjoying the creative process, but this does not appear to be the case.

I sincerely feel bad for the people who donated a lot of money to this project. My heart goes out to the fans who feel neglected. The only kind of reassurance we have is a response from the ones creating the product, but it has been silent everywhere (Reddit, Unsung Story website, Matsuno's twitter and here.). This is an example of bad public relations and it reflects badly on Playdek as a company (for not nudging Matsuno) and Matsuno for not making an attempt to reach out to his several fans.

As more time goes by without a response, it will only worsen Playdek and Matsuno's reputation.

#8 huteikigame

huteikigame

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTOKYO

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

Greetings.

definitely...I was a little disappointed.

>>Mr。 GPRoRo

but,

As far as I know, Yasumi Matsuno is a scenario writer. but not Game Director.

So, He have no responsibility for Kickstarter & PR.

He must observe confidentiality, so he can't answer our question.

OK??

Playdek's explanation today was not bad.

Playdek should keep on sincere response.

Anyway I want alpha version.

but, don't mind if Game Screenshot or Artworks.

Make haste slowly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ciao :P

#9 Onuma

Onuma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNoVA

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

There's a saying in the military Special Operations community: Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

If you're in a rush you'll make mistakes, which are usually more costly than deliberate planning and movements.

Death is lighter than a feather.  Duty heavier than a mountain. -al'Lan Mandragoran

#10 Lt. Silverblade

Lt. Silverblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:12 AM

If Playdek were ninja or Spec Ops I'd totally agree with the silence policy. They're neither, so I expect a little more info than 4 months of silence.

#11 Onuma

Onuma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNoVA

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

Haha, I wasn't commenting on their silence at all.  Just the methodology of their work flow, or perhaps lack thereof. 

They should absolutely stay in regular communication with the Playdek fanbase, and especially KS backers -- to whom they may be legally/civilly liable should things fall through and not come to fruition.  Their choice of silence thus far has been a major gaffe, which has already demosntrably eroded the faith of many eager gamers.

If we consider this situation along the same lines as fundraising for a charitable cause, that charitable organization would be held liable in some way for producing an expected result.  Expectations are a fundamental facet of societal norms; if someone says they're going to do something and ask us to help them out, they'd damn-well better do it or they're simply wasting our time.

Obviously, the analogy to charitable organizations (such as 501(3)c) is not perfect, since things like KickStarter and GoFundMe have not been strongly tested in our judicial systems, but the general idea remains similar.

Death is lighter than a feather.  Duty heavier than a mountain. -al'Lan Mandragoran

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users