• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 UltraSalem

UltraSalem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:14 AM

Hi there. I'm still not getting notifications of my turn on Android since changing phones. I reported this on Facebook and was told it would be looked at, but haven't had any feedback since. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, uninstalling on my old phone, logging out and in, turning on and off notifications in the Android settings app section for Ascension. Nothing seems to work. I assume it's a back end issue.

#2 gweis

gweis

Playdek

• Administrators
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

Should be fixed now. Log in to the server one time, and you'll start receiving notifications after that.

#3 UltraSalem

UltraSalem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

Yep it's working now. Thanks.

#4 UltraSalem

UltraSalem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

I may have spoken too soon. I'm getting the icon in my notification area, but no sound or vibration. Gmail notifications are working fine.

#5 DeepCerulean

DeepCerulean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:34 AM

I've never had sound on my notifications for Ascension... It is a tad annoying...

#6 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for letting us know this is still happening. I'll bring it up and see what type of information I'll need from you guys to look further into this.

#7 UltraSalem

UltraSalem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:34 AM

Any update on this?

#8 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

No update just yet, but I'll ask around.

#9 DeepCerulean

DeepCerulean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:14 AM

No word yet, huh?

#10 jcle666

jcle666

Twilight Struggle Backer

• Twilight Struggle Backer
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hello,

I have the same problem, notifications tend to disappear, when this happens one workaround is:

- delete the data located on your android system properties -> application info

- restart the game

- enter the online mode, you will need to login again.

This works for me, but when time passes the notifications dissapear again.

Kind Regards,

Juan Carlos.

#11 DeepCerulean

DeepCerulean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

Do the notifications you get come with sound?  I get the icon in my notification bar but no sound.  I'd really rather not have to stare at my screen constantly to know when it's my turn...

Another little annoyance: you only get the notification on the last device you logged into.  It would be nice if the notification could be sent to both my phone and my tablet.

#12 jcle666

jcle666

Twilight Struggle Backer

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

Hi,

Yes they come with sound and vibration, like any other notification, but as i said before they disappear again when time passes, and i don't know exactly in which cases.

I only play in one device, so i cannot get confirmation about notifications on several devices, sorry.

#13 jcle666

jcle666

Twilight Struggle Backer

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

I think i have a test case.

I think that i lose the notifications when i change the background.

I'm testing this in depth, but i post it here just in case someone more can test this case.

Steps:

1.- recover the notifications deleting the cache data and logging again in online play

2.- play some turns to see that the notifications are coming.

3.- change the background, play some more turns and look if the notifications are still coming.

Kind Regards,

Juan carlos.

#14 DeepCerulean

DeepCerulean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

So many updates and still no noise... That makes me sad...:-(

#15 FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

Similar to others here I am getting no sound with the notifications on Android (Samsung Galaxy Note devices). Is there a solution for this by now, maybe some workaround, or is this a persistant bug in the app?

A colleague plays Ascension on iOS, and the notifications on his device come with a clearly audible sound. I'd much rather prefer getting a sound to periodically checking the device whether it's my turn again.

I have not noticed the other issue mentioned here, notifications don't tend to disappear / stop after a while (though I occasionally had the feeling that a single notification got lost, this might be some effect of the mobile network, though). Notifications also appear to work fine with multiple devices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users