• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Iainwith2is

Iainwith2is

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:15 PM

...would be great. Although limiting abusive language, etc could be challenge. (I'd like to hope that most LoW players are mature enough not to stoop to that level).

#2 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:27 PM

This is a great suggestion lainwith2is, and something I also would love to see in all of our games. I do know that we are going to be adding this to Summoner Wars when we release mBer, so hopefully after that we will be able to start adding it to all of our games. And yes, I think mostly everyone will be on the same level, but I think we will be looking at adding a chat blocker, just in case.  ;)

Thanks for the suggestion!

#3 aaronachnid

aaronachnid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:36 AM

If a chat block feature was part of this (and it should be), it would be good to let a player know if their opponent has turned this feature on. Nothing worse than trying to chat and not getting replies and not realising they can't actually see what you are posting.

The major problem with this on something like LoW though, is that if one player in a five player game has chat disabled, the other players can conspire against them, knowing that they can't see what's going on. So if any player in a multiplayer game has chat disabled, will it be disabled for all?

Also it would need some form of robust reporting system because of abuse or collusion between players. Personally, playing 30 min games in LoW there's hardly time to chat anyway, but for longer games it could be fun.

#4 Iainwith2is

Iainwith2is

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

Hadn't even thought of that. Really good points!
Maybe an option to select when setting up the game?

#5 Iainwith2is

Iainwith2is

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:53 AM

And - I'm one of those 21 day gamers because I don't always have time to sit down ad play for 30 mins straight :)

#6 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

If a chat block feature was part of this (and it should be), it would be good to let a player know if their opponent has turned this feature on. Nothing worse than trying to chat and not getting replies and not realising they can't actually see what you are posting.

I hadn't thought of this, but yes! That is a good call since that is frustrating because you might end up thinking they just don't care about what you have to say. Thanks for that suggestion, I'll be sure to add that!

And I like the idea of all or nothing since you make good points about collusion. I will be sure to add that for consideration. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users