4 replies to this topic

#1 Fitoneto

Fitoneto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

Hi.

Agricola multiplayer is flooded with unstarted games. Players open a number of games starting just one or two of them. It can be a challenge to start a game above 2 players.

In general the multiplayer matchmaking in Playdek its hard. LoWD or TantoCuore. You name it. Agricola has a lot of more players wanting a match. Thats good.

Other Ipad boardgames like Catan or Carcassonne from different developers have a good and simple synchronous way to start a multiplayer game. Other games like puertorico or le havre have a worst matchmaking based on the iPad game center, always asynchronous, and lame.

I suggest a simple option to start an agrícola match starting on 3 to 5 players (which are harder to get) with the 3 decks (almost everybody has them) with a TURN BASED TIMER no more than 90 secs. If you play this quick match other matches at the same time are not allowed.

TURN TIMER instead FULL GAME Timer will simply work better. You have one of the best ELO statics. Please enhance your timers.

#2 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

Thank you for this suggestion! The turn timer is an interesting concept as it would definitely put more of an urgency on the game itself. I am adding this suggestion into the system for review, thank you Fitoneto!

#3 grocklin

grocklin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

Not sure a turn timer would solve the problem; a 30 minute/player game is already a pretty tight amount of time per turn.  The key issue is how long it takes for the game to start.

In the short term, please display for each game how long ago that game was created, and when the game creator last logged in and looked at games.

#4 Fitoneto

Fitoneto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

In the game timer that is used now you dont know if your opponent just leaved, untill the last minute. If he returns within the last second, and you dont get advised you will forfeit.

In my opinion Agricola its a hard strategy game. I cant play asyncronously because I cant remember my original cards and strategy and review my opponents farm... Playing 2 or more games at the same time its also harder.

Quick play turn timer, you just wait for other 2 players for a fast game.

#5 grocklin

grocklin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:38 AM

Oh, you're right, I forgot about that.  Good points.  It is very annoying to watch someone slowly tick from 20 minutes down to zero and then disconnect.

The options that I suggested would still be nice to help people find "active" games among the many waiting-to-start games where the creator hasn't signed in in days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users