• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave

Dave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Lately, I've been having some connectivity issues (I don't know what's causing them.  They started around the same time as the power outage, IOS 8's release, and the release of the latest Ascension), and it's been exacerbating the general issue of running out of time to play in short games.

I just lost a sure-win game of Waterdeep against a 2000+ rated player, in the last couple of turns in round 8, because I ran out of time, because I lost all my remaining time to watching animations.  I've been in similar situations many times in Agricola as well.

Would it be possible to give like a minimum of a minute to take your turn, even if you've run down your general allotment of time?  I've been on both sides of this, where players are trying their best to keep the game flowing, but it ends abruptly because of server latency and animation, and it feels lousy every time.

Short of this, maybe just a way to skip general animations?  I know I can double tap to skip the round transitions and stuff, but when you've got 2 minutes left on your timer, and someone does a 10 adventurer quest, watching every cube zip around is agonizing.

#2 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

This is a great suggestions, and I understand your frustration when this happens. I will add this to our list for review and consideration, thanks for posting this up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users