• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hello everyone!

We are preparing to release an update for Ascension later today. This update will fix some issues that have been reported such as the Darkness Unleashed Rulebook not working for iOS users, white cards appearing in place of expansion cards for Android users, the ability to create 3-4 players games online for Android users, and a handful of connectivity issues some users were experiencing.

You should see this update reach your device shortly, so if you have been experiencing any of these issues please update your device and let us know how everything is working. We appreciate the feedback, thank you!

Cheers!  :)

#2 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Owned Playdek Games:Lords of Waterdeep, Agricola, Ascension, Summoner Wars, Tanto Cuore, Nightfall, Penny Arcade the Game, Fluxx, Food Fight, Can't Stop

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:45 AM

Hello everyone! We have seen some reports come in from iOS8 users about the recent Ascension update today regarding resolution and UI issues. We are looking into this and hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you for informing us of this, and let us know if you find anything else.

#3 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:26 PM

Hello everyone!

We have been working on an update to both reduce the size of the update file to bring it back down in size as well as to fix the aspect ratio and allow the UI to function again as intended. Once we are able to flip the switch and release it, we will. We hope it will not take too much longer because we want everyone to get into the game an continue playing. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we continue to work on these issues for everything.

#4 Shyla

Shyla

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

We have posted an update to fix the issues for iOS8! Please update and let us know if you continue to experience any further issues!

#5 fastlane

fastlane

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

I have a question about this update, actually. It says to only install if you're running iOS 8. Does that mean if I don't install iOS 8 on my devices, I won't have access to any more updates? 

Background: I'm running iOS 7.x (whatever the latest build is for iOS 7) on both my iPad2 and my iPhone 4S. I've heard that iOS 8 runs like garbage on these devices, so I haven't installed the OS.

#6 RAD

RAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

We are working on an update for this now, unfortunately the issues that iOS 8 users were seeing with the 10/16 update are now an issue for other users on the 10/20 update.

Although we don't expect your devices to have any issues with this update, but since you don't have to update to play online it's probably best to wait until this next update is out.

#7 Matt K

Matt K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

This update broke the game for me on Android.  I've sent reports to support but never heard anything back.  I'll paste it below. 

I am currently running Android 4.1.2 on an LG 730 LG Venice) and after the most recent update the game is now crashing frequently both in game and while only browsing the menus.  Additionally the keyboard no longer pops up in order to edit my information (and for that matter why does each update delete all of my user info?  This is the only app to do so).  

While I'm at it, even before this update I frequently got a message saying Maps had stopped.  It seems like a bug since this app shouldn't be accessing google maps.

I am very disappointed how long this issue persisted especially since I know other users have reported it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users