Benkyo

Bug: Late war scenario win condition

In the late war scenario, the USSR should win if the US fails to score +20 VP, but I just finished a game in which, after final scoring, the US was only at +17 VP, and the US was awarded the win.

Likewise, the US should not win if they play Wargames for the event, but currently they do.

I may be misreading this, and if so, my apologies.  But if I'm reading it correctly then I think you have a misunderstanding of the rules in both cases.  If no one gets to 20 VP during the course of the game, then whomever has the most points wins after final scoring, whether that's -19 or +1.  US +1=US victory. 

Similarly, Wargames is a neutral event; either side can with it by playing the event. 

Both sides have the same win conditions throughout the game.  It's pretty fundamental and may be affecting your play if you were thinking it was the US job to get to 20 or they lose, or that they couldn't play Wargames.

Again, sorry if I misread the above.

I think OP is correct about the rules (check rules p12). Have never played the 'Late war scenario' though. There might be a bug in the win conditions.

Yeah, it's definitely not working right for games against the AI. I haven't tried against an online opponent.

Not sure if Playdek is still paying attention to these threads....

Hope it is because they are busy implementing localizations, promo cards, Alternate Space Race track and Turn Zero.

OK, I just won a game as the USSR with a final score of US +18, which is as it should be. So the win conditions aren't always bugged, which means it's conditional, which presumably means I'll need to come up with a saved game file for the devs to have anything to work with other than "sometimes it doesn't work right"...

Has your bug issue been resolved?  If not, please send a message to Support@playdekgames.com

When reporting an issue, it is very helpful if you tell us which platform you are playing on, installed operating system and the type of video card (if you know).

For online games, please tell me the game # that is displayed in the application so we can look it up in our database.  It will also be helpful to know your Playdek username and the exact steps that you are taking to produce the bug.

Thank you!

Just played a Late War Scenario game as the USSR, playing against the computer as the US.

The US had ~12 points or thereabouts and played WARGAMES as an event and won. In a normal game, that's intended, but it isn't supposed to work that way in the Late War Scenario.

Per the rulebook:

"After Turn 10 final scoring or if US plays WARGAMES event,

US must have 20+ VP or Soviet player wins."

Because of how WARGAMES requires you to hand over points as part of the event, it means that for all intents and purposes, only the Soviet player may use the event to win the Scenario.

I would have the team look at the Late War Scenario in general, also making sure the AI knows these rules.