Benkyo

Complete bug list (excluding AI issues and Turn Zero bugs)

Another Turn zero effect that doesn't work:

If Taiwan is a battleground ("Chinese Civil War" turn zero card [6] effect) a coup there doesnt lower defcon.

DukeOfLight is wrong. "Chinese Civil War" crisis card reads, for a score of 6:

US rapidly reinforces Chiang; Nationalists retain a stronghold on the mainland. Apply the 4-5 result, and Taiwan is now permanently a Battleground country. Add 3 US influences in Taiwan during setup. Replace Formosan Resolution with Nationalist China card.

So Taiwan should be a battleground for all purposes, including DEEFCON.

some bugs I've seen with the recent, fun expansion release (iOS version):

Game play--

1. First lightning: was mentioned above, but bears repeating. Can't space race it as US, and can't play it for ops as the USSR without lowering defcon, and sometimes can't even space race as USSR, and can't be headlined. So, it becomes an albatross that is almost impossible to discard for either side.

2. Don't wait for the translation: as USSR, there is no option to resolve event first. Is that a bug or by design?

UI--

Zero turn: when exiting the app and returning later during zero turn, the pop-up is gone, so no way to proceed. Workaround seems to be restarting iPad.

Alternate Europe scoring card: doesn't show crosshairs icon under Europe to show it has been scored.

Stanislav Petrov: card shows 2 ops but plays as 3 ops.

Kremlin Flu: icon sticks around after effects are removed, and even shows twice if used again in the game.

Hope this helps, I've been playing almost every day and it's a great game. The original release was flawless, so I'm sure the team will squash these bugs well.

Also--

Kremlin Flu played as USSR showed a defcon warning on the submit action button

If you were at DEFCON 2, it should show a warning.  The US will get to use 2 ops, which could be used to coup battleground and lower DEFCON during your action round.

Here's another bug with the new "Alternate Space Race Track":

If you reach "Eagle/Bear has Landed", you get:

Once per Action Round, placing influence in a country controlled by your opponent costs the standard 1 Operations point, rather than 2.

The program only allow you to do it once per turn. A bug, but in my opinion, a more sensible choice, as the rule is IMHO too powerful.

Benkyo,

Do you want to include "AI blunders" in the bug list, or do you prefer that a new "Complete AI bug list" is started? I ask because you started this thread.

The most common AI mistake that I encountered was the play of "CIA CREATED" by USSR at DEFCON 2, while it could hold the card. I could add some others.

Benkyo,

Do you want to include "AI blunders" in the bug list, or do you prefer that a new "Complete AI bug list" is started? I ask because you started this thread.

Totally not interested in reporting AI issues. It seems obvious to me that the AI is imitating records of player behaviour and has simple goals/priorities to achieve, like breaking/gaining dominance. The problems include no awareness of important conditions under which players performed the actions it imitates (such as Defcon, and presence in mid-war bgs) and almost nothing that could be termed turn strategy. I expect that these flaws will never be fixed and aren't really fixable in a realistic timeframe. Anyway, this isn't a rant I intended to write - suffice to say AI should definitely be a separate thread.

I have a new bug to add: the app disregards North Sea Oil and does not allow you to play a scoring card in the 8th action round. You can read more in the separate topic that I opened.

This turned out to be not really a bug, but still gweis will make the presentation of North Sea Oil clearer to avoid confusion. Thanks for the reply, gweis!

Non-Aligned Movement bug - this has happened to me in two different games, I haven't seen listed here yet:

AI player plays Non-Aligned Movement and chooses to remove all influence from a country with only my influence present (e.g. removing all points from West Germany with only my 4 influence points present! Quite a serious game changing move...)  .

This is clearly against the rules of the card, which requires the country chosen to have influence present and at equal levels from both sides.  

Non-Aligned Movement bug - this has happened to me in two different games, I haven't seen listed here yet:

AI player plays Non-Aligned Movement and chooses to remove all influence from a country with only my influence present (e.g. removing all points from West Germany with only my 4 influence points present! Quite a serious game changing move...)  .

This is clearly against the rules of the card, which requires the country chosen to have influence present and at equal levels from both sides.

This happens if there are no valid countries that match the requirements for Non-Aligned Movement. Will be fixed in the next update.

This happens if there are no valid countries that match the requirements for Non-Aligned Movement. Will be fixed in the next update.

@Gweis: Then please also fix the other bug where if you play Non-Aligned Movement yourself (for its event), the app does not let you select a country to remove all its influence. It was already mentioned twice in this topic but benkyo did not add it to the list yet. For an example, see game #176437, turn 5, action round US 3.

@Benkyo: Can you please add both bugs regarding Non-Aligned Movement to the list? Thanks.

@Benkyo: Can you please add both bugs regarding Non-Aligned Movement to the list? Thanks.

I'm beginning to think Turn Zero could do with its own thread. Partly because it introduced so many bugs that my list can't possibly be considered complete if I attempt to list them, partly because it's tricky to describe them when they involve cards I've never seen, and partly because it's impossible for me to confirm them (the last point not an issue with confirmation from Gweis, obviously). I'll update the thread title to reflect this.

@Gweis: Then please also fix the other bug where if you play Non-Aligned Movement yourself (for its event), the app does not let you select a country to remove all its influence. It was already mentioned twice in this topic but benkyo did not add it to the list yet. For an example, see game #176437, turn 5, action round US 3.

This bug is fixed already, but your game was created before the update was released, so the fix isn't applied to your game.

If you start a new game now, Non-Aligned Movement will allow you to select a country to remove influence.

I'm beginning to think Turn Zero could do with its own thread. Partly because it introduced so many bugs that my list can't possibly be considered complete if I attempt to list them, partly because it's tricky to describe them when they involve cards I've never seen, and partly because it's impossible for me to confirm them (the last point not an issue with confirmation from Gweis, obviously). I'll update the thread title to reflect this.

That isn't necessary.  I believe Non-Aligned Movement when played with no valid targets is the only Turn Zero specific bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

Super obscure bug discovered by MichaelVal:

UN Intervention after U2 Incident awards 1 VP prior to choosing a card to play with UN Intervention, then takes it away if you don't have a valid card. This means that if your VPs are at 19, and you have no card in hand to use with UN Intervention, you should not be able to play UN Intervention for an automatic victory, but currently you can.

Found a new one: Playing "One Small Step..." event while your superpower have not moved in the Space Race yet grants you 1VP.

It should only move your progress up to Animal in Space without any VP gain.