Sign in to follow this  
Jaysuper

Forester and Copse problem

Hi,

While playing Agricola I came across a bug with the Forester and Copse. If I have either of those cards in play, an empty field, a lumber to sow, a grain to sow, take the sow action and attempt to sow lumber on the empty field - vegetables are planted rather than not allowing the lumber to be planted.

Hello, 

I see what you did here.  I believe for both cards  " forester" and "copse" you need to place the lumber on the "cards empty field" and not where the farm fields are normally. The reason why it is turning the wood into a vegetable is because you can only place grain or vegetables on the "farm field" so it is taking account that you have a vegetable, and using it for the farm field. If you try to use the wood on the fields by the actual cards "forester" or "copse" it will take the wood and plant trees. 

Does that make sense? 

Thanks for the report and we'll look into this further for you!

Yes that makes sense, but the game shouldn't let me put a lumber on a farm field. If I don't have a vegetable, this is a bug that allows me to get a vegetable in the first stage rather than when the Take 1 Vegetable action comes out. I was just in the mood to "find out what happens if". Oh, the other thing is that I keep the lumber that I attempted to sow on the farm field so I could reuse it if I had more than one empty farm field...yay, 8 free veggies in the first stage!